Ranger Design Inc. has created this privacy statement in order demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Website.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. This information will not be used in manner different than the purpose for which it was collected. Ranger Design Inc. will obtain your consent should the information be required for a different purpose.
For example, when you search for or buy a product or service, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or credit card. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you. In addition, if you choose, we may share your information with other companies who provide goods or services that you are interested in.
We will not sell, trade or give away the names, email addresses, or contact information of our subscribers.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Ranger Design may not be able to provide those services to you.
Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection in “Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out” of this policy.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use “cookies”. Cookies are small programs that we transfer to your hard drive that allow us to recognize you and to provide you with a customized shopping experience.
Some of the cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors enguage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it. Our site also uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting from the Google Analytics Advertising Features.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Special Offers. We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Protection and safeguards
We maintain physical, contractual and technological security practices to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Only those Richter partners, employees or subcontractors with a business “need-to-know” or whose duties reasonably require such information are granted access to Personal Information. Security practices include:
- Facility security
- Restricted file access to Personal Information
- Technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Internal password and security policies
Your Rights of Access, Rectification and Destruction
You have a number of rights regarding your personal data. If you would like to exercise one of these rights, you can send an email to our Chief Privacy Officer. Here is what you can request.
- Accessing your personal data. You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Correcting and updating your personal data. You can ask us to correct or update your personal data at any time if you discover that any of it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Erasing your personal data. You can require Ranger Design to erase personal data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers that are processing the data that you have requested the erasure of any links to, copies or replication of the data. Your personal data will be removed from Ranger Design systems within a reasonable time and will be deleted. However, Ranger Design may retain a copy of your personal data (i) if and as long as required by law, regulation, administrative or court order or for internal auditing purposes, or (ii) as electronic data stored due to automatic archiving and back-up procedures. Please note that in the event of a legal dispute between you and Ranger Design, your personal data may be retained until final settlement of the legal dispute.
- Objecting to or restricting the processing of your personal data. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g. if we have no lawful basis to keep using it) or restrict how we process it.
- Withdrawing your consent. Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time and you can prevent further processing if there is no other legal basis upon which Bombardier can process your personal data.
- Porting your personal data. You can ask us to transfer the personal data that we hold about you to a third party electronically. (in Sept 2024)
If you no longer wish to receive electronic communications from us, you may discontinue receiving electronic communications by using the integrated unsubscribe features on our electronic messages and communications
Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out.
It is your choice whether to receive emails or special offers from us or others. The following section provides you with this choice. Please note the default settings.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
We do not sell products or services to minors. This site should not be used if you are under 18.
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer:CPO@rangerdesign.com
OR by writing to:
Chief Privacy Officer
Baie D’Urfe, Quebec, Canada
Please note that this privacy statement may change from time to time. By using our website you consent to any such changes. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent, and we expect most such changes will be minor.