For an HVAC business owner, service vans are more than just vehicles- they are a symbol of your business, telling people who you are and what you do. Additionally, a major competitive advantage and a key to your success is differentiating yourself from your competitors. Very often, this boils down to choosing the right van and the right tools to help you get the job done. For HVAC professionals, your van is your office, equipment storage space and mobile shop. Therefore, having and maintaining a well-organized service van is imperative.
Your van and the supplies you carry with you to the job site determine the speed and success of completing a job well. An organized service van helps increase efficiency and boost productivity for your business. Strategic organization also helps protect your equipment from damage on the move and helps create a neat atmosphere that allows for more focused, stress-free driving.
There are a wide variety of set-up and upfit options to optimize your van. The interior upfit and accessories you choose depends on the nature of your business and should be customized to your needs. Some of the upfit options include:
- Interior Lighting: Appropriate interior lighting allows you to work more efficiently and improve your service experience. Depending on your needs, you can choose between dome lamps and touch lights. While dome lamps offer a wider field of view, the ability to make use of manual controls and better visibility for working with tools, touch lights offer greater brightness levels, the ability to adjust light levels in different zones and a better range in bulb life.
- Refrigerant Racks: Refrigerant racks are among the most essential tools for your HVAC van. Available in several tiers, sizes and configurations, sturdy refrigerant racks and bottle restraints can be bolted to van ribs or floor, a shelving unit, or a partition unit. They allow you to securely transport your refrigerant tanks during transit and can help significantly reduce the risk of damage to your equipment.
- Shelving and Storage Bins: As an HVAC specialist, you need to be able to load up your work van with the right tools and equipment, no matter the project. The right shelving can maximize space and make organizing your work van easier. Van shelving and storage bins are available in hundreds of different configurations of height, length, and shelf depth. There are also several options- from preconfigured secured storage and contoured units to deep square back units and fold-away shelving. As you set up your HVAC van, remember to use custom-designed, light-weight shelving to help you optimize your van and make your mobile office more efficient.
- Partitions: Van partitions or bulkhead partitions are important organization tools that also make your van safer. They provide a secure barrier between the occupants in the cab and the cargo area, and are a smart investment to improve the safety, comfort and efficiency of your work van. There are several different options available including contoured, straight and walkthrough partitions as well additional partition accessories such as windows that can be customized for your HVAC van.
- Ladder Racks: Ergonomic ladder racks or cargo van roof racks enable smooth loading and unloading and can help make the job easier and safer for you while ensuring your van is more efficient. They help expand your van’s storage and load-bearing ability and can be adjusted to different heights based on the needs of each job.
A well-organized HVAC cargo van will save you time, prevent injury and increase your payload. As you look to set up your van, consider Ranger Design. For all HVAC van needs, Ranger Design has a solution that can help you get organized and maximize your commercial vehicle’s cargo space. Our range of HVAC Technician Cargo Van Trade Packages, van shelving systems, partitions, van flooring, ladder racks and storage units are all designed to help you work better and save money.
Our van shelving and storage bin systems are unique in the industry; they combine the strength and rigidity of aluminum extrusions with a solid substrate shelf base, giving a shelf tray that is strong, and very quiet. Tested for toughness and rattle-free, our impressive HVAC van upfit solutions will make your mobile office stand out from the rest.
Ranger Design can help you transform and optimize your van fleet with the right high-quality upfit. Contact our Product Specialists today to learn more!