For any tradesmen or small delivery fleet owner, service vans are a key component in organizing your trade business and an essential element for your day-to-day operations. Your company’s van is a core business purchase that helps defines the kind of work you carry out, the type of customers you serve, and the sort of employees you hire. A versatile and cost-effective addition to your trade business, service vans help you carry your tools and workers to and from job sites, serve as a mobile office and offer safe equipment storage space.
The Ford Transit, RAM ProMaster, Mercedes Benz Sprinter, and Chevrolet Express are among the most popular service van models in North America. Additionally, electric vans like the Ford E-Transit, the Arrival H3L3 and the Brightdrop Zevo 600 are gaining popularity in the market because of their long electric range, extensive configuration options and advanced technology.
If you are thinking about purchasing a service van, here are six advantages to consider:
- Enhanced Security: In addition to offering more space to safely store your business equipment, the enclosed nature of a commercial van provides theft protection and enhanced security for expensive cargo or tools. You can also optimize your van with upfit such as partitions to provide a secure barrier between the occupants in the cab and the cargo area and enhance safety for your employees.
- Cost Efficiency: Many new business owners worry about the costs associated with purchasing a service van. However, commercial vans can actually lower your total cost of ownership. Most commercial vans enjoy good fuel economy and have high resale values. Vans typically cost less than trucks with service bodies, which make them a great choice for any budget. In comparison, trucks with service bodies can cost 50% or more upfront than a commercial van with an upfit.
- Customizable to Meet Your Business Needs: Another great benefit of commercial vans is that they can be built and modified specifically to match your business’ needs. Cargo vans allow for a much higher degree of job-specific customization. They also provide the ability to personalize the interior and exterior of the van with upfitting options such as shelves or ladders that can help you stay organized and increase efficiency.
- Free Marketing for Your Business: A service van is a symbol of your business, telling people who you are and what you do. In addition to the ability to safely transport equipment to job sites, a van is a great way to promote your business because it provides you with a large blank canvas to display your logo and phone number. With a graphic wrap containing your company logo and promotional communication on the exterior of your van, you can enjoy free advertising while commuting to and from a job and even while the van is parked.
- Newer Features and Technology: Some makes of cargo vans now come with optional 4×4 capability from the factory. They can also be equipped with touch screens, advanced navigating software, driver assistance technology such as adaptive cruise control, a 360-degree camera system and reverse brake assist to increase safety, efficiency, and productivity as you commute to job sites.
- Lower Carbon Footprint with Electric Vans: Electric vehicles offer a great reduction in transport costs for businesses, especially for fleet vehicles with regular journeys of up to 100 miles per day. Purchasing an electric service van can also help your business benefit from lower costs, tax benefits and an improved corporate reputation. Electric vans can help manage your company’s carbon footprint and help you reach your sustainability goals.
As a tradesmen or small delivery fleet owner, you can add to the advantages your commercial van offers by adding high quality, lightweight upfit customized to your business needs. Optimizing your vans with an upfit that enhances safety, range, and operation is also a great way to reduce long-term maintenance costs.
As you look to optimize your van, consider Ranger Design- an upfit solutions provider that offers a wide range of custom-fit, high quality solutions such as van shelving systems, partitions, van flooring, ladder racks and storage unitsthat are designed to help you work better and save money. No matter what your trade, Ranger Design’s high-quality accessories and upfit solutions can be tailored to your every need!
Get in touch with us today to learn more.