Location: Ladson, SC
Permanent position (full-time)
Ranger Design is looking for a dynamic and experienced Facilities and Maintenance Technician to join our growing Team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive maintenance program for machines and the facility in Ladson, SC. This candidate will support the production team with world class support effort.
Under the Director of Operation’s supervision, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain and repair all factory machines & tools.
- Maintain TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) schedules and keep records current and file per QMS (Quality Management System).
- Ensure cleanliness and World-Class appearance of internal and external building and property.
- Build and create fixtures and jigs; modify tools or methods for tool use.
- Create and build tables, carts, and other devices to enable production staff to implement lean efficiencies.
- Engage and manage outside service providers when necessary.
- Conduct weekly inspections for the interior and exterior of the building and property. This includes structural, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, house air, general safety, warehouse racking equipment, trash and recycling, parking areas, and weather related/seasonal considerations.
- Work with factory staff to bring ideas into reality. This will include involvement and input to “Process Improvements” system.
- Create and build factory devices as envisioned and described by factory team. Using lean concepts and efficiencies are an integral part of device design and use.
- Observe and monitor the factory at work and make recommendations on how to improve, make more efficient and/or cut costs on daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and methods.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills.
- Excellent communication interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Effective interaction and teamwork with other departments is essential.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications, you feel you are a good fit for a Facilities and Maintenance Technician and are interested in this position, please use the form below.
All requests will be treated confidentially.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.