A CUSTOM DESIGN TO
OF TECHNICIANS ON THE JOB
Ranger Design partnered with a large fleet service to provide an optimized storage space solution, and increase technician efficiency on the jobsite.
Ranger Design focused on creating a safe work environment for technicians while increasing their efficiency and overall organization, and decreasing time spent looking for equipment.
ENSURE SAFE STORAGE
- Custom, vented cabinets for safe transportation of hazardous materials
- Secure storage of all loose items
MAXIMIZE CARGO SPACE
- Optimal use of cargo area
- Slide-out drawer units for ergonomic storage space
INCREASE ONSITE EFFICIENCY
- Quick, easy access to tools on the job
- A place for each item
- Maximized shelving and bin design, ensuring no space is wasted.
- Safe, tidy storage of Freon tanks in vented aluminum cabinets.
- Easy access to slide-out drawers for ergonomic storage space.
This solution was designed to provide adequate storage for all necessary parts, and eliminate trips to and from the jobsite.
Increase technician safety. Safety for technicians was the first challenge, as Freon bottles were being left loose on the floor, taking up space and hindering the technicians’ passage through the vehicle. It was imperative to ensure that the walking space was safe for technicians when working in the vans with dollies and other equipment. Our solution was to build vented cabinets to secure the tanks and prevent them from rolling free while also ensuring that each piece of equipment had a designated place in order to keep the floor clear.
Increased job site effectiveness by improving organization. Inadequate storage space for the number of tools needed was also an issue. Technicians were experiencing increased downtime when the necessary parts were not in the van. After analyzing. the situation, our engineers decided to use as much of the available space as possible by designing zones to serve multiple functions so that all necessary equipment and parts fit in the vans.