A CUSTOM UPFIT TO
WHILE KEEPING THE DRIVERS SAFE
Delivering real returns
A client with a large delivery fleet that ships millions of packages daily turned to Ranger Design for help streamlining operations to increase its delivery capacity and lower costs.
To improve productivity and grow the client’s business, Ranger Design created custom-designed shelving that would maximize each van’s capacity, therefore reducing the number of vans required for deliveries.
OPTIMIZE THE DESIGN
- Improved workflow
- Reduced damage to packages
REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY
- Safety partition
- Adjustable shelves
- Maximized capacity
- Efficient organization
- Adjustable shelves to maximize space for different sized packages.
- A crash-tested partition to reduce the risk of injury to technicians during an accident.
- Foldaway shelves to hold large boxes and leave space in the middle of the cargo for optimized workflow and decreased risk of injury.
- Drill free shelving installation leaves the original van interior intact thus not lowering the residual value of the vehicle
With our custom solution, the client was able to increase its daily delivery capacity and lower the cost per package from $1.15 to $0.85, or by 35.3%.
Optimizing the organizational design to improve operations. We rode along with the technicians so that we could identify the problem areas. For instance, boxes were falling and sliding around, causing damage to packages and increasing the risk of injury. Our engineers made custom drawings to address these problems.
Improving technician safety. We used our analysis and risk assessment to find solutions that would reduce the probability of accidents and ensure the wellness and safety of technicians.
Increasing the number of packages and reducing the number of vans. Vans with the upfit were able to hold more packages. This meant that fewer delivery vans were required, therefore lowering fuel and labor costs.