Ranger Design is a unique and exciting company, not only in the Cargo Van Equipment market, but also among companies as a whole. We are passionate about innovation and our Mission is “More Is Possible”.
Our focus is on design and manufacture of equipment for the cargo van market and the mobile tradesman. The voice of the customer is respected and acted on at Ranger and we set the industry standard when it comes to service, speed to market with new products and quiet, quality products that are designed based on customer input
Ranger Design provides innovative designs of shelving, partitions, ladder racks, drawers and custom units for commercial vans. Ranger provides interns in the Engineering department competitive pay with flexible hours for duties such as: creating drawings of new products, test-fitting prototyped parts, creating non-standard units for custom requests, updating CAD models and drawings, analyzing and implementing engineering change requests, ERP administration, first article inspection; all while dynamically collaborating with other departments. Being a small company, Ranger supplies its interns the opportunity to play a dynamic role, rather than performing repetitive data-entry tasks. An extensive manufacturing facility on-site offers the opportunity to participate in the evolution of a product from conception to finished good. Interns work closely with personnel who have backgrounds in business administration, engineering, industrial design, project management, and many other fields on a day-to-day basis. Ranger Design is a bilingual company, and encourages its employees to speak in the language of their choosing. An intermediate level of knowledge in SolidWorks is required. Adaptive, strong problem-solving students who are capable of working in a team as well as independently are encouraged to apply
- Analyzing and implementing engineering change requests
- Updating CAD models and drawings
- Collaborating with Supply Chain and Operations
- Test-fitting prototyped parts in newly released vehicles
- Bridging gap between new product design and implementation
- ERP administration
- Dynamic analysis of information flow
- First Article Inspection
- Creating drawings of new products
- Create non-standard units for custom requests
- Produce models & drawings of various floor plans containing Ranger products.
- Communicate with other departments and personnel to effectively arrive to a solution.
In addition, this intership is for January – April 2018 with a possible extension to August 2018. Further requirements are:
- Available for 8 months full time internship
- Can start at the beginning of January 2018
- Extensive experience in Solidworks (80% sheet metal, 20% assemblies)
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing
- Some experience with high quality renderings
- Hands-on experience and tools manipulation
- Bilingual or good French knowledge
- 3rd or 4th year student