This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is responsible to lead and execute a clearly defined procurement strategy that has established organizational, process, and technology requirements necessary for procurement to help enable the company to meet its business goals.
The position is accountable to develop and maintain world class vendors, procurement specialists, and procurement processes that leverage technology.
- To develop and lead the execution of world class strategic sourcing initiatives that are aligned with corporate initiatives
- To develop a reliable supply chain consisting of world class vendors
- To lead a team of Procurement Specialists to flawless execution of supply chain planning and vendor performance
Required Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in Excel use including functions and lookups
- Highly attentive to detail
- Exceptionally organized
- Exceptionally scheduled
- A strong task master – and a consistent performer
- Focused on goals and time lines
- Has a strong ability to build rapport but be firm on negotiations. A win – win approach
- Excellent communicator
- Strict in assessing supplier performance while pleasant
- Resourceful in finding suppliers and excellent in qualifying them
Required Degree and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field
- Purchasing degree such as CSCP or PMAC
- 10+ years of Supply Chain experience
- 8+ years of supervisory/management experience leading a Supply Chain team.
Ranger Design is a unique company, not only in the Cargo Van Equipment market, but also among companies as a whole. Functioning in a very ‘flat’ organizational structure, every team member is valued as integral to the team. Every team member is accountable for various key points that will contribute to continuous improvement and Ranger Design’s Vision to ‘A world class team that delivers a better experience every time’.
Employee success is vital to the company success; therefore substantial effort is expended ensuring that employees are a ’fit’ for their role. Employee training and development is a priority at Ranger Design. Team member support and encouragement is the norm here and is a refreshing departure from the political atmosphere that characterizes so many companies.
Listening to the customer enables Ranger Design to fulfill its Mission of ‘More is Possible’
Please fill in the form below.