This position reports to the Product Development Manager and is responsible for leading the Engineering Team in responding to the rapidly changing needs of a dynamic, growing company.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a World Class design and engineering team
- Effectively manage project planning
- Development and maintenance of safe quiet products
- Innovation and product development that ‘wows’ the industry and helps the mobile technician work more effectively
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have outstanding analytic skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to enguage with other leaders in addressing complex technology issues.
- Possess a demonstrated track record of developing new products in the industrial and commercial sectors.
- Knowledge and/or design experience with new and innovative products related to the automotive/aftermarket industry.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing an asset.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers, designers, and support staff
- Skilled in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Experience in SolidWorks and EPDM.
- Available to travel domestically and/or internationally as required
Required Degree and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Mechanical, Materials and/or Industrial Engineering
- Professional Engineer (Member of OIQ) is a requirement
- 10+ years of practical Engineering experience in a product development and manufacturing environment
- 8+ years of supervisory/management experience leading an engineering team.
Ranger Design is a unique company, not only in the Cargo Van Equipment market, but also among companies as a whole. Functioning in a very ‘flat’ organizational structure, every team member is valued as integral to the team. Every team member is accountable for various key points that will contribute to continuous improvement and Ranger Design’s Vision to ‘A world class team that delivers a better experience every time’.
Employee success is vital to the company success; therefore substantial effort is expended ensuring that employees are a ’fit’ for their role. Employee training and development is a priority at Ranger Design. Team member support and encouragement is the norm here and is a refreshing departure from the political atmosphere that characterizes so many companies.
Listening to the customer enables Ranger Design to fulfill its Mission of ‘More is Possible’
Please fill in the form below.