Location: Montreal, Quebec
Permanent position (full-time)
In this new role, the ideal candidate will be providing technical assistance for computer Systems and Personal Digital Assistant users as well as perform key operations like software installations, updates, patching and basic business system maintenance.
Under the Network Admin’s supervision, you will be responsible for the following:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problem.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Use a Ticketing system; to documents, track and monitor to ensure a timely resolution.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or higher-level technicians for service.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Perform housekeeping operations on corporate systems and network infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft operating systems & Microsoft Office products in a corporate environment
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a high-volume role.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Capacity to move equipment like computers and printers etc.
- Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems
- Familiarity with both PC Hardware and Software
If you have the above-mentioned qualifications and are interested in this position, please use the form below.
All requests will be treated confidentially.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.