How a Good Design Can Save You Time and Money
If you use a cargo van for your business, then without a doubt van roof racks are the easiest and safest way to transport a ladder. Most tradesmen would agree that properly functioning, durable and well-designed van roof racks are a wise investment that will pay for themselves many times over.
Ranger Design Van Roof Racks
At Ranger Design, we’ve taken the time to talk to tradesmen to find out what they want in a well-designed van roof rack. We’ve built our contractor proven tough van roof racks from heavy-duty grade aluminum for strength and durability.
All of our cargo van roof racks are:
- Ergonomically designed for easy one person operation
- Are available for any model cargo van and use stainless steel mounting hardware and fittings
- Aerodynamically designed to reduce wind noise and buffeting
- We are so confident in our van roof racks that we cover them with an industry leading 10-year warranty
Key Elements of Van Roof Racks
In order to evaluate different van roof racks, it is best to have a look at the different elements that work together to provide a solid, secure base for your ladder.
Materials – generally most van roof racks are made of either aluminum or steel. Aluminum is considered to be best as it is much lighter and more corrosion resistant than steel.
Main frame members and crossbar design – is the system flexible enough to add other options? Does it have enough carrying capacity for your needs?
Mounting system – the strongest and most durable mounting system hardware is made of stainless steel. It’s the ideal material as it combines strength with durable anti-corrosion properties. Also to consider; Are they available for your model of cargo van?
Watch our video showing Ranger Design ladder roof racks:
Key Types of Roof Racks for Vans
Generally, van roof racks fall into these design styles:
Cargo – strongly built with maximum cargo capacity (480lbs) and flexible enough to handle a wide variety of materials.
Standard – a basic rack-mounting system designed to carry one or two extension ladders (up to 28 feet in length).
Combination – allows for mounting different types of ladders (generally a step and an extension ladder).
Drop Down – designed for high-roofed vans, it allows the ladder to drop down (up to 50 inches) so the operator does not have to reach up. Check out Ranger Design’s revolutionary Max Rack.
Well-designed Cargo Van Roof Racks Save You Money
It’s true; well-designed van roof racks can save you money in a number of ways:
- By mounting the ladders on the roof, you gain valuable interior space inside the van. This can allow you to carry more materials or inventory.
- It can save you time, and time, as we all know, is money. A good design makes it quick and easy for one person to load and unload a heavy ladder. Repeat this process many times a day or a week and it’s easy to see how you can save time – time that can be better spent billing for work.
- Well-designed roof racks for vans can help reduce injury. Having to take time off work or having employees sidelined by a neck, shoulder, or back injury because of loading a heavy ladder onto poorly designed roof rack costs money.
- Lastly, well-designed van roof racks protect your investments by eliminating scratches and dents to the ladder and the vehicle.
Click here for more info on Ranger Design Van Ladder Racks.
Click here to return to the Van Racks page.
Where to Buy Van Roof Racks
Find a Ranger Design Authorized van upfitter in your area: